Tim.B.log - original
Tim Bond's weblog.
Sunday, April 27, 2003  
posted 4/27/2003 10:40:00 PM
Just another week...
This past week was very pleasant and calm. I felt like I was fairly productive at the office with my "To Do" list actually getting shorter by Friday (a rare occurrence as of late). With priority registration over and most students focusing on the end of the term, I didn't see as many students. However, I think there were still just as many students visiting the office and I know the telephones were ringing off the hook with new freshmen and transfers reserving seats in our orientation programs for Summer and Fall terms (well, many of the people calling are the parents, but that works). I did have one mother on the phone who could NOT understand why I couldn't just tell her ALL the orientation dates so she could pick the most convenient day for her daughter, but she seemed to calm down when I explained we have particular programs depending on which status the student is accepted under.

At home, my cat, Little Voice (LV), had pretty much gotten used to me being the only one in the apartment since Brett left with his cat, Saffy, back in early February. Of course, since LV moved in ini August 2000, she's always had Saffy and/or Brett to play with or pester 24/7. Now, I'm gone most of the time I am awake and she never thinks I pay her enough attention (I do brush her and play with her, but she almost always wants more). Well - last week she got some company and attention with my sister Charlotte spending one night and Toby spending the weekend. Toby even brought her an amazing red dot that jumps and runs all over the apartment for her to chase, but, after a few days, she realized it only comes to life if there is a human sitting nearby holding something that looks like a pen. Now, when she wants to play, she lets me know and she goes NUTS jumping, running, falling after that bright point of light - never tiring of the fact that she can NEVER capture it. Also, she's acting bad like she did when she was a kitten again - getting up on the counters and furniture throwing things down and bugging me more for my food. I had to get a bit more assertive with her, and, so far, we've seem to have reached an agreement that I'll play with and brush her more and she'll avoid knocking too much stuff on the floor.

I find myself thinking about Toby fairly often - not really distracted or anything particularly starry-eyed, just looking forward to when I can see him again. I even managed to switch things around at the store next weekend and get off Friday night with all of Saturday and Sunday. With any luck the weather will cooperate and I can join him Friday night for sky watching at the museum where he works. Well, I won't complain as long as we are spending time together.


Comments: Post a Comment
links
archives