Tim.B.log - original
Tim Bond's weblog.
Wednesday, May 14, 2003  
posted 5/14/2003 02:55:00 PM
All good things...
On April 25, 1992, Disney Store #428 held its grand opening in Augusta Mall, Augusta, GA. Exactly 11 years and one month later, May 25, 2003, Disney Store #428 will close the gates forever at 6pm. One Cast Member has been there since day one (Truck Day - April 11, 1992), and I am that CM. It is sad that the store is closing, but we are proud to say that we went out on top - with consistent good sales numbers and positive marks all around. Heck, even our liquidations sales numbers have been better than other stores liquidating in the last few weeks :-)

Yes, I am disappointed to be losing a job for the first time in my nearly 35 years on the planet. I will miss the paycheck, but I do think I can probably manage without finding another second job. I will miss working with my fellow CM's, but I know we'll get to see each other around town. All that said, I am very much looking forward to having my nights and weekends back - not having to plan everything more than 3 weeks in advance. Yeah, I won't have much money to do anything with that free time, but I will have free time to do nothing if I want :) (No, I am not happy the store is closing - If I had wanted to leave, I could have done that at anytime in the last 11 years.)


Comments: Post a Comment
links
archives