Tim.B.log - original
Tim Bond's weblog.
Monday, June 09, 2003  
posted 6/09/2003 06:31:00 PM
Now it's time to say goodbye... (twice!)
Disney Store in the Augusta Mall spent two weeks in liquidation - but sold so much so fast that we had to get other Disney Stores to send us more stuff! As sad as it was to watch the store go to nothing, it was nice to know we were still giving it our best and selling as well as we knew we could. On May 25, nearly every CM clocked in for one last shift. The day before the entire inventory dropped to 75% off so that last day we only had 5 fixtures with anything to sell on them - the rest of the fixtures lined up to block off the vast emptiness than accounted for over 2/3 of the store. A lot of guests came by to say goodbye and we kept up the Disney spirit until the very last purchase (made by yours truly). After we closed, we all went up to a restaurant in the mall and had a very nice dinner together. Kim, the assistant manager gave us each a Disney address book and an address/phone/email list so we can stay in touch. There were some tears, but a lot of us have become close enough friends that we knew it wasn't goodbye. We even all got together 8 days later to see Finding Nemo. A handful of us also showed up to witness the removal of the characters from the store. Since I had seen the store while it was being finished the night I filled out my employment paperwork, I wanted the closure of seeing it like that. (Not being totally right in the head or something, I did agree to stay on as a Cast Member at a store 165 miles from my home and work there 1-2 weekends a month. Once my fellow Augusta CM gets her 10 year service award, we both doubt we'll stay much longer - but we'll see how it goes... I did work there this weekend and had a blast working the huge Semi-Annual Sale.)

So, you may be wondering, "What did Tim mean by 'twice' in the heading?" Well, Eddie Bauer in our mall is also going the way of the dinosaur, so they needed some extra help for their two months of liquidation. OK, sure, I could use the money. I took the job and told them I could start work this week. I called tonight to talk to the manager to let her know what nights I would have to work at the office next week, and she let me know that the store is having to close THIS Sunday. So, I'll work a week and get a grand total of 9 hours work time there. Will they even bother to have me watch the training video? It does give me some relief because I was looking forward to time off. I could have used the money though...

Do you ever think your life feels like a TV sitcom or something? I know mine does from time to time. New this fall, Tim, now working only one job most of the time, will be living in a new apartment (I found a nice place in an old house near the university). I've even got a few season finale cliff hangers: Will Tim's new love interest, Toby, join the cast permanently as a frequently recurring character? (Inside sources report current negotiations are going quite well!) What will Tim do with all his new found free time? Will Laurie, one of Tim's best friends, move home to Augusta after being an occasional special guest star for the last two years? Will LV ever calm down and stop being a totally insane kitty? Tune in and find out! (Now I just need some major sponsors to provide production support...)


Comments: Post a Comment
links
archives