Tim.B.log - original
Tim Bond's weblog.
Friday, October 10, 2003  
a new season of Tim's Life
posted 10/10/2003 02:05:00 PM
Well, if you've tuned in over the last few months then all you have seen are reruns. I guess you could say that I've been on a bit of a summer hiatus :-) Truth be told, I'm a lazy blogger. It doesn't help that I moved in July to a new apartment and, to save money, I dropped the cable internet service. I didn't even bother to sign up for a dial-up account for weeks. Finally the inability to chat with Toby got to be too much and I signed on with Joi Internet - pretty good service so far for really cheap rates.

Let's see... what happened this summer? Well, after Disney Store and Eddie Bauer closed in the Augusta Mall, I was left with more free time than I've had in over 11 years. While I have been working at the Douglasville Disney Store a couple weekends a month, it has been wonderful to actually have my weekends back! You may recall at the end of last season, I had started hanging out with one great guy named Toby; contract negotiations have gone well and he will be staying on in the role of my love interest for future episodes :-D We've gotten to spend a few weekends together here and there and always have a blast. He has introduced me to astronomy and I even got to do a tiny bit of helping at his mega-successful Mars Mania event. Toby and I made it down to Walt Disney World in September for his first-ever visit - more about this in a future post. Yep, we still have a 2.5 hour drive between us for the time being...

And, yes, I did move to a great apartment. I've always liked the "Hill" area in Augusta and I was excited to find a great place with cheap rent and nice landlords very near campus. LV enjoys it, too; she loves the wooden floors for running around, but prefers a rug or mat when she lies down. I like that her hairballs are easier to clean off the non-carpeted floors :-) What I really need to come to grips with is the different storage/closet options in this new place; I've got lots of stuff and it needs places to go. Anyway, the cheaper rent is making it possible for me to have a bit of spare change at the end of the month and I'm so close to the office I can walk it easily.

Watch this space for more info about our trip to Walt Disney World and on from there...


Comments: Post a Comment
links
archives