Tim.B.log - original
Tim Bond's weblog.
Friday, January 16, 2004  
Politics and Life
posted 1/16/2004 01:58:00 PM
Just a couple months ago I go sit quietly at a Dean Meetup, and now I'm helping gather up a group of volunteers to canvass Aiken, South Carolina, this weekend for Howard Dean. I've never done anything like this before, but, luckily, some experienced folks are organizing things so I'll have some people to learn from. Wish me luck :) If you haven't visited DeanForAmerica.com yet, you really need to - and I strongly recommend that you read "Common Sense for a New Century". If you read much news or watch the talking heads on TV, you probably aren't getting the most balanced information on -any- of the candidates. If you haven't made up your mind, check out their websites and talk to their supporters. Email me if you want to ask me any questions about why I think Howard Dean, MD, is the best choice to defeat George Bush in November.

I've decided to try to sell a few of the buttons Claire and I have come up with: Dean MiniButtons - So far no one has shown any interest, but we'll see. It isn't for real profit, but rather to share my enthusiasm with other Dean folks. If nothing else, it might get some business for Claire's fledgling button company, E-ClaireButtons.com. So far, I've helped hooked her up with a few Dean volunteer groups with bulk orders. I hope things get even better for her soon!

In my own life, things are very nice. I've come up with a budget that seems to work pretty well for me (never really had a problem budgeting, but I think I've made things much more efficient). Work is going well at ASU, and Linda and I are still plugging along at the Disney Store in Douglasville (although that will mostly likely end in March). Some friends and I are enjoying Trivia Time every week - sometimes even winning or placing! My apartment is working out wonderfully - close to work, big enough for me and LV, and very cozy. And, most importantly, Toby and I are happier than ever.

Like me, Toby stays pretty busy with his work, so the 135 miles separating our homes hasn't been as bad as it might be. We got to spend nearly a week in Charleston in December and I was down in Macon quite a bit over the holidays. I finally met his mom last weekend (she has mentally blocked my identity and makes no connection to the guy Toby mentioned in his blog), and she seems like a perfectly rational woman. I don't know how/when Toby and I will be able to make a move to be together, but I am thinking it will happen this year... who knows, but I hope so! (I've got a wild idea we could run away to Walt Disney World, but we'll probably be more practical.)


Comments: Post a Comment
links
archives